Translation of imitative in Spanish:
- 1.1(behavior/style)to be imitative
imitar algoExample sentences1.2 (Linguistics)
- Over the centuries the makers of delftware have copied all sorts of decorative styles so that this essentially imitative craft has become a style in itself.
- Moreover, they are in every respect exemplary - i.e. they are projected as an imitative model for the viewing subject.
- Each year, for example, imitative Miskitu crowns, scepters, and swords appear as part of a celebratory re-enactment called the kingpulanka.
- His architecture is a result of his subtle imitative skills rather than originality, solving problems by picking and choosing from existing schools.
- They are not hackneyed imitative replicas of the original versions.
- Though uneven and a bit inchoate, it shows an awareness both of the more complex, radical aspects of Debussy and the Strauss of Salome and Elektra, without being slavishly imitative of either.
- The number of imitative words in any language is bound to be quite small, and for many such words the sound-meaning relation is by no means direct.
- The derivation of the word ‘quail’ has been charmingly explored by Francesca Greenoak who points out that it is an imitative name, cognate with ‘quack’.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.