Translation of immediately in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (at once) it's not immediately obviousno resulta obvio a primera vistaExample sentences1.2 (as conjunction)
(British English)I'll send you a cheque immediately the goods arriveimmediately I said it, I realized what I had donele mandaré un cheque en cuanto llegue la mercancíaen cuanto lo dije, me di cuenta de lo que había hecho
- I scraped once and immediately a frog sounded once from beneath the porch.
- On his return, he joined Shackleton and immediately set sail once more for the Antarctic.
- Once inside, I immediately fall in with four London guys who are also staying in our hotel.
- 2 2.1 (referring to time, space, rank)(before/after)my room is immediately above yoursthe person immediately above him at workmi habitación está exactamente or justo encima de la tuya2.2 (directly)su superior inmediato en el trabajo(British English)Example sentences
- Anyway, the place to see and be seen at the Masters is under the big oak tree that sits immediately behind the clubhouse.
- It was hit when the car immediately behind shunted into his vehicle after it was banged from behind by a third motorist.
- He was unaware that he was upside down and thought he was in the corridor immediately behind the coal train's cab.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.