Translation of immune in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (not susceptible)to be immune
tosomethingser inmunehe was immune to her charms aalgoera inmune a sus encantosI've had measles, so I'm immuneya he tenido el sarampión, así que estoy inmunizadoshe was immune to persuasionnada logró persuadirlashe's not immune to doubtno está libre de que la asalte la dudaExample sentences1.2 (before noun)
- So maybe I'm not completely immune to those seasonal influences either…
- We could see their love and it rubbed off on us - or at least it rubbed off on those not so opposed to the man as to be immune to such influence.
- At the same time, the hype notwithstanding, large parts of the country remain immune to media influence.
- People whose immune systems have fought the infection will then be immune to TB.
- Contracting the disease once does not render a person immune to future infections, which is why getting routine boosters is so important.
- In this way, vaccinations allow you to become immune to an infection without having the illness first.
- 2 (exempt)immune
fromsomethingimmune from taxationcon inmunidad fiscaldiplomats are immune from prosecutionlos diplomáticos gozan de inmunidadnone of us is immune from the effects of the recessiona todos nos afecta la recesiónExample sentences
- Nevertheless, if the worst happened, we would not be immune from the effects of such an attack.
- Royalty are not immune from their effects, as we have seen all too clearly.
- Commercial free speech is protected, but it is not immune from regulation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.