Translation of impression in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (idea, image) impresión (feminine) my impressions of France las impresiones que tengo de Francia first impressions las primeras impresiones it's my impression that she doesn't want to go tengo or me da la impresión de que no quiere ir this sketch is to give you an impression of what the house will look like este croquis es para que se haga una idea de cómo será la casa to give sb the impression that … darle* a algn la impresión de que … I get the impression that he wants us to leave tengo or me da la impresión de que quiere que nos vayamos sorry, I obviously had the wrong impression about you lo siento, está visto que me había formado una opinión equivocada de ti to be under the impression (that) … creer* or pensar* que …, tener* la impresión de que …Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (effect) impresión (feminine) to make o create a good/bad impression on sb causarle or producirle* a algn una buena/mala impresión the mirrors give the room the impression of depth los espejos le dan (una sensación de) profundidad a la habitación it made no impression at all on the stain no surtió ningún efecto en la mancha we were beginning to make some impression on their defense estábamos empezando a hacer mella en su defensa she certainly made an impression! ¡no hay duda de que causó impacto!
- He manages the feat of being at once soft-spoken and opinionated - giving the impression that he genuinely doesn't care what other people think of him.
- Language is a means to communicate ideas and impressions, its development influenced by the environment, by physiological and psychological traits.
- He was eager to share his impressions and opinions on my writings.
- Detectives circulated artists' impressions of the attacker, security was stepped up at the university and undercover police patrols were mobilised in the area.
- Sources close to the project told Scotland on Sunday that while artists' impressions and outline plans exist for the roof, the technical details of how it will be built have still not been worked out.
- More than any other medium, our perception of architecture is increasingly mediated through renders, walkthroughs and glossy artist's impressions.
- She added that if the city made a good impression on such visitors, there could be a spin-off benefit if they returned to York at a later date with their families or friends for a holiday.
- His latest film has failed to make much of an impression on US critics, following its Christmas Day release in America.
- It made a strong impression on me and, with other influences, led to my refusing to register with the Selective Service System two years later.
- 2 2.1 (imprint) impresión (feminine), huella (feminine) to leave an impression in/on sth dejar una impresión or huella en algo 2.2 [Printing/Imprenta] impresión (feminine) second impression reimpresión (feminine)Example sentences2.3 [Dentistry/Odontología] impresión (feminine), molde (masculine)
- A second impression was issued nine months after the first and Dodgson began to plan a sequel.
- In some books he used three impressions: one for staves, another for notes and other musical signs, and the third for the text.
- Of all the books' multiple impressions, two in particular stand out.
- Your dentist will take impressions of your teeth using a kind of putty and send these to a laboratory where the splint is made.
- This action will create an impression of the top teeth in the rubber material.
- A dog-bite expert, who analysed dental impressions of Charlie's teeth, concluded that Mr Green's injuries were not caused by a dog.
- A mezzotint plate produced fewer impressions than a line engraving, but the engravers bewailed its invention, as being an easier and more facile process.
- Wood engraving allows to make finer lines than woodcuts and more impressions from the same block.
- Then he must recarve the second image into the remainder of the same block, apply the second color and print over the impressions of the first step.
- 3 (impersonation) imitación (feminine)Example sentences
- Harold entertained everyone with impressions of his namesake, Evans.
- Owen laughed and I continued entertaining him with impressions until we pulled up to the curb of his house.
- And I amused everyone at Urgent Care with my stunning impressions of ocean animals.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.