Translation of inclination in Spanish:
noun/nombreu and c
- 1 1.1 (leaning) tendencia (feminine), inclinación (feminine) he has homosexual inclinations tiene tendencias or inclinaciones homosexuales inclination
tosth tendencia aalgo he has an inclination to stoutness tiene tendencia or propensión a engordarExample sentences1.2 (desire) my own inclination is to ignore them totally yo me inclino por no hacerles ningún caso to have an/no inclination to +
- That most people walk in an ungraceful, ungainly and awkward manner with a forward inclination of the body does not mean that it is the normal way of walking.
- A slight inclination of Roxy's head indicated to Helen that she knew about her estrangement from Tim.
- A slight inclination of Alvito's head was all the acknowledgement this pledge received.
infinitive/infinitivotener*/no tener* deseos or ganas de + infinitive/infinitivoI have neither the time nor the inclination to see you no tengo ni tiempo ni deseos or ganas de verte she shows no inclination to relinquish her post no da muestras de querer dejar su puesto to follow one's own inclination(s) dejarse llevar por su instintoExample sentences
- From foxhounds to sheep dogs, none can be successful in their natural inclinations without proper training.
- Previous conflicts between their natural inclinations and their fears would be resolved firmly in favour of the left.
- All of my natural inclinations registered heavily on the Watchtower sin-o-meter.
- 2 2.1 (of head) inclinación (feminine) 2.2 (tilt) inclinación (feminine)Example sentences
- Vicinal faces are typically only hundredths of one degree in inclination from the main crystal face on which they form.
- An inclination of 0 degrees would mean the orbit is perfectly aligned with Earth's orbital plane.
- Slope inclination and aspect were recorded at several locations within each stand.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.