Translation of inclination in Spanish:
noununcountable and countable
- 1 1.1 (leaning) he has homosexual inclinationstiene tendencias or inclinaciones homosexualesinclination
tosomethingtendenciahe has an inclination to stoutness aalgotiene tendencia or propensión a engordarExample sentences1.2 (desire) my own inclination is to ignore them totally
yo me inclino por no hacerles ningún casoto have an/no inclination to +
- That most people walk in an ungraceful, ungainly and awkward manner with a forward inclination of the body does not mean that it is the normal way of walking.
- A slight inclination of Roxy's head indicated to Helen that she knew about her estrangement from Tim.
- A slight inclination of Alvito's head was all the acknowledgement this pledge received.
infinitivetener/no tener deseos or ganas de +I have neither the time nor the inclination to see you infinitiveno tengo ni tiempo ni deseos or ganas de verteshe shows no inclination to relinquish her postno da muestras de querer dejar su puestoto follow one's own inclination(s)dejarse llevar por su instintoExample sentences
- From foxhounds to sheep dogs, none can be successful in their natural inclinations without proper training.
- Previous conflicts between their natural inclinations and their fears would be resolved firmly in favour of the left.
- All of my natural inclinations registered heavily on the Watchtower sin-o-meter.
- 2 2.1 (of head) 2.2 (tilt)Example sentences
- Vicinal faces are typically only hundredths of one degree in inclination from the main crystal face on which they form.
- An inclination of 0 degrees would mean the orbit is perfectly aligned with Earth's orbital plane.
- Slope inclination and aspect were recorded at several locations within each stand.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.