Translation of indeed in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (as intensifier) thank you very much indeedmuchísimas graciasshe was very late indeedllegó tardísimohe's painted it very well indeedlo ha pintado realmente or verdaderamente bienExample sentences1.2 (emphatic) this is indeed a great privilege
este es un auténtico or verdadero privilegiothis is indeed bad newsesto sí que es una mala noticiawhat a lovely evening! — yes indeed!¡que noche más agradable! — ¡ya lo creo! or ¡sí, por cierto!1.3 (in response to question) do you like champagne? — indeed I do o I do indeed¿te gusta el champán? — ¡si me gustará … ! or sí, muchoare you Miss Hunt? — indeed I am¿es usted la señorita Hunt? — en efecto or así esI believe we've met before — indeed we have, a couple of years agocreo que nos conocemos — en efecto or así es, nos conocimos hace un par de añosshall we go? — why not indeed?¿vamos? — pues ¿por qué no?
- And so it was that I spent most of the day pulling up small clumps of grass from the gravel drive. Best described as very Zen indeed.
- He painted a pretty grim picture indeed of what he described as the perilous state of health services, in Kerry.
- For those who have dived upon an untouched shipwreck the experience is described as very moving indeed.
- 2 2.1 (in fact) I checked, and the wheel was indeed loosefui a ver y comprobé que, en efecto, la rueda estaba sueltamost of the staff, and indeed most of the managers, were involvedla mayor parte del personal, e incluso or inclusive de la directiva, estaba implicada2.2 (indicating possibility) I may indeed return one daypuede ser que algún día vuelvaif indeed he is rightsi es que tiene razónthis may indeed be the case, but …quizás sea así or no digo que no sea así, pero …Example sentences2.3 (what is more) (sentence adv) the situation hasn't improved; indeed it has worsened
la situación no ha mejorado; es más: ha empeoradoa rare, indeed unique, exampleun ejemplo, ya no poco común, sino únicoExample sentences
- These are dramatic figures which suggest something is indeed seriously awry with Bermuda's black men.
- First, it suggests that there is indeed a distinction between affective and normative commitment.
- As you no doubt suspected or has already been confirmed, it was indeed a suicide.
- McCarthy played very well when introduced and, indeed, finished as his side's top scorer.
- Never mind that Neon Lights is totally void of a well-constructed song, or indeed a strong vocal performance.
- Adding to my surprise, and, indeed, to that of the viewers around the globe, was his sharp memory and mental alertness.
- 3 (in response to statement) she says she's fat — fat indeed!dice que está gorda — sí, ya, gordísima[ironic] he says he can do it better — does he indeed?dice que él lo puede hacer mejor — ¡no me digas!I hear she's getting married — (is she) indeed?he oído que se casa — ¿de veras? or ¡no me digas!Example sentences
- How, indeed, had a boy who looked not much older then she did survive all alone in the woods with all kinds of dangers?
- ‘That will show them. "More like a grocer than a burglar" indeed! Well, we'll hear no more of that.’
- So this was his last adventure! Haunted indeed! That beautiful devil!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.