Translation of indeed in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (as intensifier) thank you very much indeedshe was very late indeedmuchísimas graciashe's painted it very well indeedllegó tardísimolo ha pintado realmente or verdaderamente bienExample sentences1.2 (emphatic) See examples: this is indeed a great privilege
this is indeed bad newseste es un auténtico or verdadero privilegiowhat a lovely evening! — yes indeed!esto sí que es una mala noticia1.3 (in response to question) See examples: do you like champagne? — indeed I do o I do indeed¡que noche más agradable! — ¡ya lo creo! or ¡sí, por cierto!are you Miss Hunt? — indeed I am¿te gusta el champán? — ¡si me gustará … ! or sí, muchoI believe we've met before — indeed we have, a couple of years ago¿es usted la señorita Hunt? — en efecto or así esshall we go? — why not indeed?creo que nos conocemos — en efecto or así es, nos conocimos hace un par de años¿vamos? — pues ¿por qué no?
- And so it was that I spent most of the day pulling up small clumps of grass from the gravel drive. Best described as very Zen indeed.
- He painted a pretty grim picture indeed of what he described as the perilous state of health services, in Kerry.
- For those who have dived upon an untouched shipwreck the experience is described as very moving indeed.
- 2 2.1 (in fact) See examples: I checked, and the wheel was indeed loosemost of the staff, and indeed most of the managers, were involvedfui a ver y comprobé que, en efecto, la rueda estaba suelta2.2 (indicating possibility) See examples: I may indeed return one dayla mayor parte del personal, e incluso or inclusive de la directiva, estaba implicadaif indeed he is rightpuede ser que algún día vuelvathis may indeed be the case, but …si es que tiene razónquizás sea así or no digo que no sea así, pero …Example sentences2.3 (what is more) (sentence adv) the situation hasn't improved; indeed it has worsened
a rare, indeed unique, examplela situación no ha mejorado; es más: ha empeoradoun ejemplo, ya no poco común, sino únicoExample sentences
- These are dramatic figures which suggest something is indeed seriously awry with Bermuda's black men.
- First, it suggests that there is indeed a distinction between affective and normative commitment.
- As you no doubt suspected or has already been confirmed, it was indeed a suicide.
- McCarthy played very well when introduced and, indeed, finished as his side's top scorer.
- Never mind that Neon Lights is totally void of a well-constructed song, or indeed a strong vocal performance.
- Adding to my surprise, and, indeed, to that of the viewers around the globe, was his sharp memory and mental alertness.
- 3 (in response to statement) See examples: she says she's fat — fat indeed![ironic] he says he can do it better — does he indeed?dice que está gorda — sí, ya, gordísimaI hear she's getting married — (is she) indeed?dice que él lo puede hacer mejor — ¡no me digas!he oído que se casa — ¿de veras? or ¡no me digas!Example sentences
- How, indeed, had a boy who looked not much older then she did survive all alone in the woods with all kinds of dangers?
- ‘That will show them. "More like a grocer than a burglar" indeed! Well, we'll hear no more of that.’
- So this was his last adventure! Haunted indeed! That beautiful devil!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.