vt (-fies, -fying, -fied)
- 1.1 (insure) to indemnify sb (
againststh) asegurar a algn ( contraalgo)More example sentences1.2 (compensate) to indemnify sb (
- In public liability insurance, the insurer agrees to indemnify the insured for legal liability owed to another person who suffers loss or damage by reason of the insured's activities.
- In such cases, the C-corporation seller should be prepared to sign legal documents that will indemnify the buyer against a range of liabilities.
- Shell does not foresee any need to issue a force majeure, a legal document which indemnifies the company if it fails to deliver on contracted sales due to events outside its control, he added.
forsth) indemnizar* a algn ( poror dealgo)More example sentences
- He said he was told at the garage that if he took out an Angel policy then if the repair hire and engineers fees were not recovered from the other driver Angel would indemnify him for his losses.
- However, if it is found that VAT is properly due then you will indemnify us for all losses we suffer arising from not having accounted for such VAT, including interest and any civil penalties properly due.
- Further, Mrs. Boileau shall indemnify him, if he is ever called on to pay any amount referable to the mortgage on the matrimonial home.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)