Translation of indemnify in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-fies, -fying, -fied)
- 1.1 (insure) to indemnify sb (
againststh) asegurar a algn ( contraalgo)Example sentences1.2 (compensate) to indemnify sb (
- In public liability insurance, the insurer agrees to indemnify the insured for legal liability owed to another person who suffers loss or damage by reason of the insured's activities.
- In such cases, the C-corporation seller should be prepared to sign legal documents that will indemnify the buyer against a range of liabilities.
- Shell does not foresee any need to issue a force majeure, a legal document which indemnifies the company if it fails to deliver on contracted sales due to events outside its control, he added.
forsth) indemnizar* a algn ( poror dealgo)Example sentences
- He said he was told at the garage that if he took out an Angel policy then if the repair hire and engineers fees were not recovered from the other driver Angel would indemnify him for his losses.
- However, if it is found that VAT is properly due then you will indemnify us for all losses we suffer arising from not having accounted for such VAT, including interest and any civil penalties properly due.
- Further, Mrs. Boileau shall indemnify him, if he is ever called on to pay any amount referable to the mortgage on the matrimonial home.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.