Translation of index in Spanish:
- 1 1.1(plural indexes)(in book, journal) índice (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (list) lista (feminine) the Index [Religion/Religión] el Índice
- Endnotes, bibliography, and an index of names and subjects facilitate scholarly use and quick reference.
- It contains 648 pages of text, spread over 39 chapters and an epilogue, as well as a subject and a name index, each of which takes up 26 pages.
- Helpful appendices, extensive references, and subject and name indices conclude the volume.
- Examples of finding aids include collection indexes, inventories, registers and guides.
- Some libraries have created indexes to these works.
- All library items are listed through a main author, title, and subject index.
- 2(plural indexes o, indices)2.1 (numerical scale) [Economics/Economía] [Finance] índice (masculine) the retail price index el índice de precios al consumo the Dow Jones index el índice de Dow Jones (before noun/delante del nombre) index number índice (masculine) 2.2 (number, ratio) índice (masculine) refractive index índice de refracción 2.3 (indication, sign) [formal] index
ofsth señal (feminine) or índice (masculine) dealgoExample sentences
- Another approach is to evaluate patients when their symptoms and signs raise the index of suspicion of depression.
- The state of the love life in this sign is the index of overall happiness.
- The arm circumference of each child was measured as an index of nutritional status.
- Despite the fact there are house price and share indices aplenty, comparing the long-term performance of these two assets is not easy.
- For economic and monetary policy formulation, the price index represents a central indicator.
- Price indexes necessarily average out the extremes; they are unable to signal the more subtle price movements and they leave out relevant items such as asset prices.
- Current care provision is inadequate, at least according to dementia care index standards, and urgent action is required.
- Although mental development index scores decreased over time for both groups of infants, children prenatally exposed to cocaine had scores that decreased faster.
- ‘Diversity index scores are just a starting place for looking at diversity,’ Parker emphasizes.
- 3(plural indices)[Mathematics/Matemáticas] índice (masculine)Example sentences
- The thesis contains a proof of the fact that for any closed manifold the sum of the indices of a generic vector field is a topological invariant, namely the Euler characteristic.
- If we look at the indices of the Fibonacci numbers, we can directly predict which Fibonacci number will be the square of the hypotenuse.
- Step 3: Find the cobasic variable in the equation chosen in step 2 that has the smallest index and a positive coefficient.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.