Translation of index in Spanish:
- 1 1.1plural indexes(in book, journal)Example sentences1.2 (list) the Index (Religion)
- Endnotes, bibliography, and an index of names and subjects facilitate scholarly use and quick reference.
- It contains 648 pages of text, spread over 39 chapters and an epilogue, as well as a subject and a name index, each of which takes up 26 pages.
- Helpful appendices, extensive references, and subject and name indices conclude the volume.
- Examples of finding aids include collection indexes, inventories, registers and guides.
- Some libraries have created indexes to these works.
- All library items are listed through a main author, title, and subject index.
- 2plural indexes o indices2.1 (numerical scale) (Economics, Finance) the retail price indexel índice de precios al consumothe Dow Jones indexel índice de Dow Jones(before noun) index number 2.2 (number, ratio) refractive indexíndice de refracción2.3 (indication, sign) [formal]index
ofsomethingseñal (feminine) or índice (masculine) dealgoExample sentences
- Another approach is to evaluate patients when their symptoms and signs raise the index of suspicion of depression.
- The state of the love life in this sign is the index of overall happiness.
- The arm circumference of each child was measured as an index of nutritional status.
- Despite the fact there are house price and share indices aplenty, comparing the long-term performance of these two assets is not easy.
- For economic and monetary policy formulation, the price index represents a central indicator.
- Price indexes necessarily average out the extremes; they are unable to signal the more subtle price movements and they leave out relevant items such as asset prices.
- Current care provision is inadequate, at least according to dementia care index standards, and urgent action is required.
- Although mental development index scores decreased over time for both groups of infants, children prenatally exposed to cocaine had scores that decreased faster.
- ‘Diversity index scores are just a starting place for looking at diversity,’ Parker emphasizes.
- 3plural indices(Mathematics)Example sentences
- The thesis contains a proof of the fact that for any closed manifold the sum of the indices of a generic vector field is a topological invariant, namely the Euler characteristic.
- If we look at the indices of the Fibonacci numbers, we can directly predict which Fibonacci number will be the square of the hypotenuse.
- Step 3: Find the cobasic variable in the equation chosen in step 2 that has the smallest index and a positive coefficient.
- 1 (Printing) 1.1 (provide with index)(book/journal)1.2 (enter in index)
ponerle un índice a(name)it is indexed under 'Crimea'
incluir en un índiceaparece or está clasificado bajo 'Crimea'Example sentences
- Alternate names are indexed within the alphabetical listing with references to the proper heading.
- Taxonomic names are completely indexed, so that genus and species are given for each subspecific name.
- Neither subject was indexed nor readily apparent in the table of contents.
- I fail to see what the harm is in indexing a book and helping people find it.
- ‘We're trying to index every book there is, and make it searchable for our users,’ the spokesman added.
- Because I so copiously mark and index a book, I usually have no need of a bookmark - I simply flip through to find where the marking and indexing stop!
- 2 (Economics, Finance) to index pensions to inflationindexar or indiciar las pensiones a la inflaciónExample sentences
- The British replacement rate is now lower than 20 per cent and steadily declining because UK basic pensions are indexed to prices rather than to average earnings.
- So instead of the Government being fair and deciding that it would index income tax rates as well as all those user charges, it has tried to pretend that it does not need to.
- It's also the third, following Washington and Oregon, to index its minimum wage to inflation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.