Translation of inert in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Chemistry/Química] inerte the inert gases los gases inertesExample sentences1.2 (immobile) [formal] (usually predicative/generalmente predicativo) inerte [formal]
- Fluorine is so reactive that it forms compounds with the noble gases, which were thought to be chemically inert.
- Airborne CFCs, which were relatively inert near Earth's surface, were being decomposed by sunlight in the upper atmosphere, releasing free chlorine atoms.
- Neon is the second element in Group 18 of the periodic table, a group of elements known as the inert or noble gases.
- ‘We're looking for people who in 15 minutes can make an inert audience move,’ explains Jonny Rocket, who, with his wife Lisa, has organised the free event.
- Two hours later, we watched through glass as her inert body was wheeled into the intensive care recovery.
- Another man strode by with the inert body of a young child in his arms.
- Our political parties are inert, and that's the reason behind the emergence of the radical groups which are filling in the political vacuum.
- Meanwhile, the intention is to turn whole command and control agencies into passive, inert organisms.
- So is it just an unwillingness on the part of an inert legal community in this country that the jury system has not been adequately researched?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a