Translation of infectious in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Medicine/Medicina] [disease] infeccioso, contagioso is she still infectious? ¿aún es contagioso lo que tiene?Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 [laughter/gaiety/enthusiasm] contagioso; [rhythm] pegadizo, pegajoso (Latin America except River Plate area/América Latina excepto Río de la Plata)
- However, conjunctivitis caused by the common cold is very infectious and can spread rapidly between people.
- Severe acute respiratory syndrome is highly infectious and potentially lethal.
- Glandular fever is an infectious illness that causes swelling of the lymph nodes.
- Dutch botanist Martinus Bijerinck called this infectious fluid contagium vivum fluidum.
- She was misdiagnosed with gastro-enteritis, and transferred to Castle Hill because it was felt she was infectious.
- By the way, colds spread through touching infectious surfaces or inhaling viruses.
- The problem is once you fall for the guy with the infectious laugh or the girl that takes your breath away, you have to get them to notice you.
- He had a wonderful sense of humour and an infectious, hearty laugh.
- It does make you an energetic person, and one who has an infectious and personable manner.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...