- 1.1 [Med] [disease] infeccioso, contagioso is she still infectious? ¿aún es contagioso lo que tiene?More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 [laughter/gaiety/enthusiasm] contagioso; [rhythm] pegadizo, pegajoso (AmL exc RPl)
- However, conjunctivitis caused by the common cold is very infectious and can spread rapidly between people.
- Severe acute respiratory syndrome is highly infectious and potentially lethal.
- Glandular fever is an infectious illness that causes swelling of the lymph nodes.
More example sentences
- Dutch botanist Martinus Bijerinck called this infectious fluid contagium vivum fluidum.
- She was misdiagnosed with gastro-enteritis, and transferred to Castle Hill because it was felt she was infectious.
- By the way, colds spread through touching infectious surfaces or inhaling viruses.
- The problem is once you fall for the guy with the infectious laugh or the girl that takes your breath away, you have to get them to notice you.
- He had a wonderful sense of humour and an infectious, hearty laugh.
- It does make you an energetic person, and one who has an infectious and personable manner.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Churro is a typical Spanish food, consisting of a long thin cylinder of dough, deep-fried in olive oil and often dusted with sugar. Churros are usually eaten with a thick hot drinking chocolate, especially for breakfast.