- 1.1 c u [Med] inyección (f) to give sb an injection ponerle* or darle* una inyección a algn she had an injection of insulin le pusieron or le dieron una inyección de insulinaMore example sentences1.2 u
(fuel injection)inyección (f) de combustible 1.3 c (of capital, energy) inyección (f)More example sentences
- There is no proven benefit to topical ointments, suppositories, or injections of local anesthetic.
- The area is numbed with an injection of local anesthetic.
- It also highlighted excessive use of injections and blood transfusions without proper sterilisation.
- Usually they are given by intravenous injection, by infusion pump into a vein or orally.
- EDITOR We have three comments about Pickup et al's meta-analysis comparing insulin infusion with injection, which may cast a different light on their main conclusion.
- Samples were introduced by gravity injection from 20 cm height for 20 s.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.