Translation of inscribe in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (engrave)to inscribe something (
inscribir algo (
enalgo)(design)to inscribe something (
grabar algo (
grabar algo (
Example sentences1.2 (fix, impress) (usually passive) 1.3
- He inscribed the word ‘boring’ across his recently written notes.
- These were one liners written by groups of five poets who would each secretly inscribe a word on a slip of paper.
- On their leaves he has inscribed words from Scottish ghost stories.
- Thousands of bones and tortoise shells were discovered there which had been inscribed with ancient Chinese characters.
- He describes the frame's edges being inscribed with Japanese characters and expresses the wish to translate them.
- The watches are inscribed with serial numbers.
- And our prize books were duly inscribed copies of the following three.
- Mailer, disappointed to find that Buckley had apparently neglected to inscribe the book, promptly flipped through the index to see whether he had been mentioned.
- The book is inscribed at the front as belonging to a Mrs Janet Maule and is dated 25 June, 1701, although recipes have been added over a number of years.
- 2 (Mathematics)Example sentences
- It involves the solution of polygons given certain sides and angles between them, their mensuration, division by diagonals, circumscribing polygons around circles and inscribing polygons in circles.
- Ptolemy calculated chords by first inscribing regular polygons of 3, 4, 5, 6 and 10 sides in a circle.
- This he obtained by circumscribing and inscribing a circle with regular polygons having 96 sides.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.