Translation of insipid in Spanish:
- [food/drink] insípido, insulso, desabrido, soso [colloquial/familiar]; [person/film/novel] insulso, soso [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- We settled for lager - and got the most insipid, tasteless liquid I've swallowed in a long time.
- There were indeed big chunks of chocolate, but the ice-cream itself was insipid and flavourless.
- Before they are thoroughly matured, moreover, they are apt to be insipid in flavour, and to cause dyspepsia and other forms of intestinal disturbance.
- I'm not interested in stupid, insipid men who flower me with ridiculous comments in the hope that I'll fall madly in love with them.
- By the way, incongruity is the middle name of this insipid film with characters too many and too sketchy and actors short of work or talent, or both.
- But most agreed that many of the items were neither insipid nor shallow.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to