Translation of inspiration in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (for artistic creation) source of inspirationmy inspiration is drawn mostly from the classicsfuente (feminine) de inspiraciónme inspiro sobre todo en los autores clásicosExample sentences1.2 (encouragement, example) (no plural) her bravery was a constant inspiration to her family
he was the inspiration behind her successsu valor fue una constante fuente de inspiración para su familiahis hard work is an inspiration to usfue el inspirador de su éxito1.3 countable (wonderful idea)su tesón nos sirve de estímuloI've just had an inspiration!idea (feminine) genial¡se me acaba de ocurrir una idea genial!Example sentences
- He kicked 21 points and, more importantly, provided the creative inspiration that led directly to at least two of the Aussies' tries.
- They also looked at stories by popular authors like Roald Dahl for a flash of creative inspiration.
- Hence the emphasis on communication in her books, and the emphasis on artistic inspiration as a flash of objective vision.
- All of which will remind you that moments of revelation, like sudden inspirations, should always be handled quite gingerly.
- You watch the show, you leave with a thought, a concept, an idea, an inspiration, something like that.
- All of a sudden inspiration struck - I would call it Jabba.
- 2 uncountable (Physiology)Example sentences
- It is easiest to hear breath sounds during inspiration and expiratory sounds are less well heard.
- Apnea duration was defined as the time between the end of inspiration of the breath preceding a central apnea and the onset of inspiration of the breath terminating the apnea.
- The process of taking air into the lungs is called inspiration, or inhalation, and the process of breathing it out is called expiration, or exhalation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than