Translation of inspiration in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (for artistic creation) source of inspirationfuente (feminine) de inspiraciónmy inspiration is drawn mostly from the classicsme inspiro sobre todo en los autores clásicosExample sentences1.2 (encouragement, example) (no plural) her bravery was a constant inspiration to her family
su valor fue una constante fuente de inspiración para su familiahe was the inspiration behind her successfue el inspirador de su éxitohis hard work is an inspiration to ussu tesón nos sirve de estímulo1.3 countable (wonderful idea)idea (feminine) genialI've just had an inspiration!
- He kicked 21 points and, more importantly, provided the creative inspiration that led directly to at least two of the Aussies' tries.
- They also looked at stories by popular authors like Roald Dahl for a flash of creative inspiration.
- Hence the emphasis on communication in her books, and the emphasis on artistic inspiration as a flash of objective vision.
inspiración (feminine)¡se me acaba de ocurrir una idea genial!Example sentences
- All of which will remind you that moments of revelation, like sudden inspirations, should always be handled quite gingerly.
- You watch the show, you leave with a thought, a concept, an idea, an inspiration, something like that.
- All of a sudden inspiration struck - I would call it Jabba.
- 2 uncountable (Physiology)Example sentences
- It is easiest to hear breath sounds during inspiration and expiratory sounds are less well heard.
- Apnea duration was defined as the time between the end of inspiration of the breath preceding a central apnea and the onset of inspiration of the breath terminating the apnea.
- The process of taking air into the lungs is called inspiration, or inhalation, and the process of breathing it out is called expiration, or exhalation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.