Translation of instep in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of foot — arch)(— upper surface)
empeine (masculine)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (of shoe)
- Open your stance slightly, play the ball back - opposite the instep of your right foot - and make a steep, aggressive swing.
- Your stance should be open, and you should play the ball off your left instep.
- Even the non-gymnasts could see that Miss Korbut wore a bandage of tape on her left ankle and instep for some of the routines, and Miss Tourischeva had an elastic brace on her left knee.
- Always be sure that your pants break over your shoe instep to create the illusion of a longer leg.
- Iron and stone were used for footwear and some 13th-Century, middle-class citizens wore shoes with insteps inlaid with diamonds and rubies.
- The most popular ones are those with a single band going across the instep.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.