Translation of instep in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of foot — arch) arco (masculine) (del pie); (— upper surface) empeine (masculine)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (of shoe) empeine (masculine)
- Open your stance slightly, play the ball back - opposite the instep of your right foot - and make a steep, aggressive swing.
- Your stance should be open, and you should play the ball off your left instep.
- Even the non-gymnasts could see that Miss Korbut wore a bandage of tape on her left ankle and instep for some of the routines, and Miss Tourischeva had an elastic brace on her left knee.
- Always be sure that your pants break over your shoe instep to create the illusion of a longer leg.
- Iron and stone were used for footwear and some 13th-Century, middle-class citizens wore shoes with insteps inlaid with diamonds and rubies.
- The most popular ones are those with a single band going across the instep.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to