Translation of instrumental in Spanish:
- 1 (serving as a means) See examples:to be instrumental
insomethinghe was instrumental in setting up the organizationjugar un papel decisivo enalgohis mediation was instrumental in bringing the two sides togetherjugó un papel decisivo en la fundación de la organizaciónsu mediación jugó un papel decisivo en lograr el acercamiento de ambas partesExample sentences
- They went to war together and both were instrumental in a victory that many consider a defining moment in Canadian hockey history.
- A few well chosen elements of directorial interpretation are instrumental in making this production more suited to and enjoyable for its audience.
- The strategy, which was instrumental in Microsoft's victory in the so-called browser wars, is being replayed in the digital media market.
- 2 (Music)Example sentences
- There follow three chapters dealing with other sources grouped by genre: sacred music, theatre music and vocal, keyboard and instrumental music.
- Concerts of vocal and instrumental music were given regularly.
- Although his musical output was modest, his vocal and instrumental music speaks in a highly personal voice.
- A dense libretto, by the composer, and an expressionistic musical style, which searches out new instrumental colors, make this opera a masterpiece.
- It is music without any rhetoric or goal, in which periods of time (increasingly lengthy as he got older) are filled with washes of instrumental colour.
- If the score breaks no new ground for Glass, the fine brush strokes of instrumental color lend texture and atmosphere to every scene, especially in the first opera.
- 3 (Technology)(navigation)por instrumentosExample sentences
- The distribution of true ages may be only approximated by the measured distribution, because the latter can be disturbed by fluctuations in measured age caused by instrumental error.
- In electronic devices, even a negligible instrumental error can totally degrade the system compared to electro-mechanical ones.
- The organoleptic quality of tomato fruit involves a set of attributes (flavour, aroma, texture) that can be evaluated either by sensory analyses or by instrumental measures.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.