Translation of insure in Spanish:
- 1 (Finance) he insured his life for $500,000se hizo un seguro de vida de 500.000 dólaresI'm insured to drive any carcon mi seguro puedo manejar cualquier cochecon mi seguro puedo conducir cualquier coche (Spain)the sum insuredla cantidad aseguradato insure something/somebody
againstsomethingasegurar algo/a alguienyou must insure yourself/your home against fire contraalgotienes que asegurarte/asegurar la casa contra incendioswe're insured against all risksestamos asegurados contra todo riesgoExample sentences
- The wife shall ensure the property is fully insured for all perils to closing at her expense and for full insurable value.
- No carrier will insure a high-risk property if a loss of, say, $3 billion would wipe out the company before government aid kicks in.
- Both insure against loss or damage to gear and set premiums on declared value.
- First, that it was an ordinary personal accident policy whereby payment of the sums insured was independent of any fault by anybody.
- So… are the sums insured up to date and adequate?
- But either they cover the risks required to be insured against by section 143 and 145 of the Road Traffic Act 1972 and applied by the certificates or they do not.
- GE is certainly going to suffer a net economic loss if any of their executives or even middle managers drop dead - are you going to keep them from insuring the risk?
- Well, I mean, you would have to know exactly what he means by insuring the risks.
- 2 (US) → ensure
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.