Translation of intern in Spanish:
transitive verbAmerican English: /ɪnˈtərn/ British English: /ɪnˈtəːn/
intransitive verbAmerican English: /ˈɪnˌtərn/ British English: /ˈɪntəːn/ (American English)
- 1.1 (Medicine)hacer las prácticas
ser internoExample sentences1.2 (of student or trainee)
hacer las prácticas
- In the pilot, she is interning at a DA's office, on her way to law school, but the dreams of missing children and dead people impel her to use her ‘gift’, so she faxes police offices offering her help.
- I requested permission from my California Army National Guard commander to drill in Washington DC during the summer of 2002, where I was interning after my first year of law school.
- Before I graduated college I had worked on several campaigns and spent a summer interning in the NC State Legislature.
nounAmerican English: /ˈɪnˌtərn/ British English: /ˈɪntəːn/
- 1.1 (Medicine)interno, (-na) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.2
(in career development) pasante (masculine and feminine) (persona que trabaja bajo supervisión a fin de adquirir experiencia profesional)Example sentences
- Together the studies included about 900 physicians, interns, residents, and medical students and more than 3700 patients.
- The government is deploying recently qualified medical interns to hospitals in an attempt to break the strike action, which has affected more than 900 district and rural hospitals.
- In addition a number of practicing pharmacists and physicians accepted the challenge of supervising the interns at their working places.
- Training for the student interns will be done during the week of May 13-17.
- Student interns must place these turtles on the ground in front of the oncoming tornadoes, then get the hell out of the way.
- We would never be able to make it without the number of student volunteers and interns.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.