Translation of interpret in Spanish:
- 1 (understand)(sign/action/remark)how are we to interpret this?
interpretar¿cómo debemos interpretar esto?it can be interpreted in two waysse puede interpretar de dos manerasExample sentences
- I have stressed, in the end, on prosperity but that should in no way be interpreted as a materialistic tendency.
- The atmosphere was very tense and what we saw as youthful excitement was interpreted as unacceptable disrespect.
- I favour using beads or bits of cake, but this will no doubt be interpreted as a suggestion that maths should be dumbed down.
- 2 (explain)(dream/novel/statistics)
- A statistician assisted in interpreting the information.
- Most of the staff quoted in the book wanted to understand numerical measures of risk, and they reported feelings of inadequacy at the difficulties they had in interpreting information for patients.
- While the situations for each are different, they all illustrate a discrepancy between the sensory input and how the brain interprets the information.
- As an artist, she had to perform and interpret the role - even to the extent of singing the odd song in German or French.
- He was seldom content to interpret music safely, and he hardly ever played a piece, a phrase, or even a note the same way twice.
- The strength of Timocheko's work lay in her virtuosity of performance and great ability to interpret music.
- (Linguistics) (translate)(work as interpreter) hacer de or trabajar como intérpreteto interpret from Japanese into Englishtraducir del japonés al inglésExample sentences
- Pupils are also failing to realise that languages not only lead to jobs in interpreting, translating and teaching, but are becoming increasingly important to doctors, dentists and engineers.
- It was written in a language he couldn't interpret, but he recognized the word ‘Lavender’.
- The meaning of the phrase may not be immediately evident to the average reader; but the scholar who on those grounds removes it does not translate but interprets.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.