Translation of intramural in Spanish:
- 1.1 (internal to institution) [formal] internoExample sentences
- The exact number of subadult burials associated with each house stage cannot be specified, but for purposes of our inquiry the total number of intramural infant and child burials over two building stages is 14.
- However, this failed to occupy the entire area defined by the walls: excavations have shown that extensive intramural quarters were used for market gardens and craft workshops, normally located outside the walls of Roman towns.
- The remains of seven infants within intramural burial pits showed disturbances due to intrusive portholes that caused varying degrees of disarticulation and loss of elements.
Example sentences1.2 (American English/inglés norteamericano) [Univ] dentro de la universidad, intramuros (invariable adjective/adjetivo invariable) (Mexico/México)
- Because all physical education classes and intramural practices or games are approximately 1 hour in duration, we described exposure in terms of hours of participation.
- For those of you who like to throw balls at people, this semester has also seen dodgeball added to the intramural program, a game that met its capacity on the first day of registration.
- In September, I served as the captain of the blue team in the Superintendent's Cup, my club's annual two-weekend co-ed intramural golf extravaganza.
- There is also another odd intramural competition within the first-floor bookstores, as there are some that specialized in importing the books from mainland China into Hong Kong.
- We spice up the action with a bit of intramural animosity between crewmembers, which gives the film an occasional shot of action, but mostly it's scenic.
- The institution may set up chess tournaments and prizes, or provide intramural work for electricians, and thereby increase the likelihood of learning to play chess or attaining competence as an electrician.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to