Translation of introduction in Spanish:
- 1 u and c 1.1 (to person) presentación (feminine) I'll make the introductions yo haré las presentaciones I was given an introduction to the manager me dieron una carta de presentación para el directorExample sentences1.2 (to activity, experience) introduction
- Outside of formal introductions greetings are often vocal and are not accompanied by a handshake or kiss.
- As for his name, I hardly think a formal introduction was necessary.
- Following the western cultural practice of ladies first, the entire session of formal introductions was completed in a blink of the eye.
tosth introducción (feminine) aalgo it was a good introduction to the subject fue una buena introducción al tema that was my introduction to France esa fue mi primera toma de contacto con Francia her introduction to these mysteries su iniciación en estos misterios 1.3 (of speaker, performer) presentación (feminine) Dr Smith, who needs no introduction from me … el doctor Smith, que no necesita (de) ninguna presentación …
- 2 uncountable/no numerable 2.1 (bringing in) the introduction of another color el añadido de otro color after his introduction in Act I, he does not reappear until the end después de su presentación en el primer acto, no vuelve a aparecer hasta el final 2.2 (of species, innovation, practice) introducción (feminine) 2.3 (of legislation, tax) introducción (feminine); (of bill) presentación (feminine)
- 3 uncountable/no numerable (insertion, entry) [formal] introducción (feminine)Example sentences
- On the whole, the above documents envisage development and large-scale introduction of advanced infocommunications technologies in Russia.
- This will provide a more equitable policy framework to allow the development and introduction of cost-effective technological change and innovation.
- For vegetable and fruit growers IFA is demanding the immediate introduction of a targeted rescue package for producers.
- His introduction to youth work came two years ago through an adventure holiday organised by local police.
- The roots of this approach might be traced to his introduction to experimental film-making.
- My introduction to the Connemara way of life in the late 1960 s coincided with the last days of an older generation which had seen life under English rule and the emerging Irish Free State.
- 4 countable/numerable 4.1 (to meeting, lecture) presentación (feminine) 4.2 (in book) introducción (feminine)Example sentences4.3 [Music/Música] introducción (feminine)
- The technique adopted in this volume is to bundle a series of essays arbitrarily culled from various publications with an explanatory introduction by the volume editor.
- The engravings were produced under his direction, while the introduction and explanatory text were written by Fortune Barthelemy de Felice.
- The book includes an introduction to the Report and an explanation of its significance to public health reform.
- Unnecessary orchestral introductions taken from Richard Strauss and Rossini add little of value.
- After a brief introduction, the music becomes a sensuous waltz, filled with regret.
- It also contains brooding and atmospheric music in the introduction and some quite effective string writing in the latter half.
- 5 countable/numerable (elementary instruction) introducción (feminine), iniciación (feminine) Introduction to Physics Introducción or Iniciación a la físicaExample sentences
- It also may be an engaging supplemental text for an undergraduate introduction to family studies course.
- The book is an accessible introduction to subject matter that is notable for its complexity - rocket science, in fact.
- I recommend this book as a concise introduction to a subject that is not only of lively current interest, but also has roots in the works of our great mathematical ancestors.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.