Translation of intrusion in Spanish:
noun/nombreu and c
- 1 (unwelcome entry) intrusión (feminine); (— in private life) intromisión (feminine), intrusión (feminine) please forgive my intrusion perdone que lo importune the article was an intrusion on her privacy el artículo era una intromisión or intrusión en su vida privadaExample sentences
- In her book, Cheryl is a vociferous critic of her treatment by journalists, accusing us of relentless intrusion into her privacy.
- The intrusion into personal privacy is compounded by the failure to limit access to the data held and its further use for purposes other than confirming a person's identity, he said.
- But each uptick in protection will typically come at the cost of more intrusion into the privacy of ordinary people.
- 2 [Geology/Geología] intrusión (feminine)Example sentences
- The associated magmatism resulted in intrusion of volcanic rocks into the sedimentary basins, magmatic underplating at the base of the crust, and large amounts of extrusive material.
- Overthrusting, volcanism, and plutonic igneous intrusion were identified as originating above the subduction zone where one plate is forced beneath the edge of its neighbour.
- Lower amphibolite-grade regional metamorphism predating intrusion of the Ballachulish Igneous Complex may have resulted in some monazite growth.
- Volcanic rocks of enormous thickness and deep-seated igneous intrusions from this period have created much of the geology of the Peruvian Andes.
- Continental break-up produced voluminous extrusive volcanic deposits and associated igneous intrusions, and had a major impact on long-term climatic conditions in the early Tertiary.
- In addition, volcanic rocks and intrusions of this age are distributed widely around the western and southern perimeter of the basin.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.