Translation of inundate in Spanish:
- 1 (overwhelm) to inundate somebody
withsomethinginundar a alguienwe have been inundated with visitors/presents dealgonos hemos visto inundados de visitantes/regalos
hemos recibido un aluvión de visitantes/regalosExample sentences
- You may be surprised to learn that we are not inundated with complaints from people living in the surrounding area there is no trouble.
- We were inundated with requests from people to help them find their transport.
- In a world where people are inundated with information from the media this seems naive.
- 2 (flood) [formal]Example sentences
- Here in Naples, Hurricane Wilma caused flooding, including inundating a parking garage.
- The building of the canal is expected to control the annual floods that inundate many parts of the capital, causing much loss of life and property.
- When the precipitation rate increases in Brazil, Paraguay and Argentina, floods inundate southern China and Bangladesh and drought hits some of the remotest Indian villages.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.