Translation of invade in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [Military/Militar] invadirExample sentences1.2 (overrun) [room/environment] invadir to invade sb's privacy invadir or vulnerar la intimidad de algn
Example sentences1.3 [Biology/Biología] [Medicine/Medicina] invadir
- I think that the greatest revelation of the Iraq war has been that we lack the military force to invade a smallish country with terrain that provides easy surveillance and movement.
- I am just inquiring, what was the British tradition in relation to maintaining discipline of its forces when they were invading countries like India?
- British armed forces invaded Mesopotamia, as Iraq was then known, in 1914 with promises of freedom - from the Turks.
- Then, activists invaded the public space of lunch counters and voter registration offices simply to eat lunch and register to vote.
- The minute he said that a heavy atmosphere of silence invaded the place.
- He was someone special enough that they could let him invade their comfortable place.
- They are not normally present in significant quantities until a plant is invaded by disease.
- Plants are exposed to a great number of pathogenic microorganisms, but a relatively small proportion of them are able to invade plants and cause diseases.
- Now when anything invades another cell, or particularly when a parasite invades a red blood cell, they have to multiply.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- [Military/Militar] invadir
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.