Translation of invalidity in Spanish:
noun/nombreuncountable/no numerable [formal]
- 1 (of conclusion, will, contract) invalidez (feminine), falta (feminine) de validezExample sentences
- To cite the fact that expected grades correlate with ratings as evidence of invalidity is an example of the common error of confusing within-class variance and between-class variance.
- I concede, thanks to several readers, the statistical invalidity of my original comparison, given the disparity in numbers between Chrisitians and Jews.].
- On balance, it seems to me that the fact that a theory may be spread but has been roundly rejected is much stronger evidence of the theory's invalidity than is the legal judgment that the theory may not be spread.
- 2 (disablement, illness) discapacidad (feminine), invalidez (feminine) [often offensive/puede resultar ofensivo] (before noun/delante del nombre) Invalidity Benefit (British English/inglés británico) prestaciones (feminine plural) por invalidez or discapacidad invalidity pension pensión (feminine) de invalidez or por discapacidadExample sentences
- Both disorders were a major cause of invalidity from the forces.
- Only by building confidence slowly is it possible to prevent the development of invalidity.
- The five categories of risk are sickness, invalidity, old age, accidents at work and occupational diseases, and finally unemployment.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.