Translation of invoke in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 (use as authority) [principle/precedent] invocar* 1.2 (call into use) [rule/law] invocar*, acogerse* aExample sentences
- Back then the same arguments were used to invoke the people to vote, the same grim scenario of a hardliner-dominated regime who would stifle all the progress made were told and retold again and again.
- Many of the lefty bloggers have lately been pursuing one of their persuasion's favourite follies: selecting a congenial conclusion and then invoking spurious science to support it.
- The philosophy of ‘naturalism’ is imposed upon the evidence so that the authority of science is invoked for a secular view of the world.
- The only possible operation is to read data when Read-Only Mode is invoked.
- Can I use a Java application instead of a JSP (JavaServer Page) to invoke a servlet on an application server?
- This article describes the steps to change the default image editor application, which is invoked from the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer.
- 2 (call up) [devil/spirits] invocar*, conjurarExample sentences
- Aladdin's nemesis, Jafar, has long since been despatched to the after-life, but his evil sister Nasira has found a way to bring back the dastardly villain by invoking the ‘spell of restoration’.
- A bearded sorcerer is busy invoking spirits with his incantation, his glazed eyes staring into the distance and all aglow in the dark.
- Then a grand puja is performed invoking the spirit of Pancha Ganapati in the home.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, the paga extra (or paga extraordinaria) is a bonus payment equivalent to a month's salary, paid twice a year, at Christmas and in July before the summer vacation, on top of the normal monthly salary. These bonuses are written into most permanent employment contracts.