- 1 [Bot] lirio (m)More example sentences
- The newspaperman had a love for a myriad of different flower species and soon divided his interests between roses, irises, lilacs and native California plants.
- It spreads by underground fleshy stems called rhizomes; rhizomes are found on many plants, from irises to agapanthus, from ferns to Bermuda grass.
- Daffodils, iris, tulips, gladiolus, hyacinth, and daylilies are just some of the many bulb favorites.
- 2 [Anat] iris (m)More example sentences
- The thin sheet of circular muscle of the iris which constricts the pupil of the eye is also known as a sphincter.
- The walking wounded were often blind, their pupils, irises, and corneas burned out.
- The colored circular membrane in the eye just behind the cornea is called the iris.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.