- 1 [Botany/Botánica] lirio (masculine)More example sentences
- The newspaperman had a love for a myriad of different flower species and soon divided his interests between roses, irises, lilacs and native California plants.
- It spreads by underground fleshy stems called rhizomes; rhizomes are found on many plants, from irises to agapanthus, from ferns to Bermuda grass.
- Daffodils, iris, tulips, gladiolus, hyacinth, and daylilies are just some of the many bulb favorites.
- 2 [Anatomy/Anatomía] iris (masculine)More example sentences
- The thin sheet of circular muscle of the iris which constricts the pupil of the eye is also known as a sphincter.
- The walking wounded were often blind, their pupils, irises, and corneas burned out.
- The colored circular membrane in the eye just behind the cornea is called the iris.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The CAP (Curso de Adaptación Pedagógica) is a course taken in Spain by graduates with degrees in subjects other than education, who want to teach at secondary level. Students take a CAP in a particular subject, such as mathematics, literature, etc.