- 1.1 [Agr] irrigar*, regar*More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 [Med] irrigar*
- While rainfall registers about 50 inches per year, growers often have to irrigate their crops during extended drought periods.
- Growers are responsible only for irrigating the crop, making it an attractive alternative for farms with adequate irrigation water.
- Rebecca uses a sprinkler system to irrigate her crops.
More example sentences
- It has a small cultivable area to be irrigated by these rivers.
- The waters in these three rivers irrigate the plains of Punjab, which produce most of the wheat and paddy that Indians eat and, if any left, export.
- The river irrigates the site and enables crops to be transported for trade.
- For 8 days, the wound was irrigated with normal saline using a 35-cc syringe and a 19-gauge needle.
- The surgeon copiously irrigates the wound with sterile saline solution and checks for leaks or bleeding.
- The surgeon thoroughly irrigated the wound with antibiotic irrigation.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)