Translation of irrigate in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [Agric] irrigar*, regar*Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 [Medicine/Medicina] irrigar*
- While rainfall registers about 50 inches per year, growers often have to irrigate their crops during extended drought periods.
- Growers are responsible only for irrigating the crop, making it an attractive alternative for farms with adequate irrigation water.
- Rebecca uses a sprinkler system to irrigate her crops.
- It has a small cultivable area to be irrigated by these rivers.
- The waters in these three rivers irrigate the plains of Punjab, which produce most of the wheat and paddy that Indians eat and, if any left, export.
- The river irrigates the site and enables crops to be transported for trade.
- For 8 days, the wound was irrigated with normal saline using a 35-cc syringe and a 19-gauge needle.
- The surgeon copiously irrigates the wound with sterile saline solution and checks for leaks or bleeding.
- The surgeon thoroughly irrigated the wound with antibiotic irrigation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.