Translation of isolation in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (state) social/economic isolationaislamiento social/económicoin isolation (from something) in splendid isolationtotalmente aisladothe events should not be studied in isolationlos acontecimientos no se deberían estudiar aisladamente or fuera de su contextoExample sentences1.2 (Medicine) to keep somebody in isolation
mantener a alguien aislado(before noun) (ward/hospital)
- A general boycott will help this necessary process of international isolation.
- This suggested a growing mistrust of political institutions and a sense of isolation from the decision-making process.
- No longer will our students and communities need to feel disadvantaged because of isolation or shortage of resources.
de infecciososExample sentences
- His wife sent him to the local isolation hospital but no patients would share the same ward with him.
- Late closure of isolation wards led to infection of visitors and spread of the disease to the community.
- The isolation ward patients all wear mask themselves, we wear M95 masks when we work in those areas.
- 2 2.1 (separation, identification)Example sentences2.2 (of virus, substance)
- National Institute of Virology, Pune has carried out serological investigations and virus isolations in different parts of the country.
- Each step in the curing procedures was monitored by electrophoresis of plasmid isolations.
- The pre - and post-chlorination bacterial isolations are presented in Table 2.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.