- 1 1.1 (state) aislamiento (masculine) social/economic isolation aislamiento social/económico in isolation (from sth) aislado (de algo) in splendid isolation totalmente aislado the events should not be studied in isolation los acontecimientos no se deberían estudiar aisladamente or fuera de su contexto 1.2 [Medicine/Medicina] aislamiento (masculine) to keep sb in isolation mantener* a algn aislado (before noun/delante del nombre) [ward/hospital] de infecciososMore example sentences
- His wife sent him to the local isolation hospital but no patients would share the same ward with him.
- Late closure of isolation wards led to infection of visitors and spread of the disease to the community.
- The isolation ward patients all wear mask themselves, we wear M95 masks when we work in those areas.
- 2 2.1 (separation, identification) identificación (feminine) 2.2 (of virus, substance) aislamiento (masculine)More example sentences
More example sentences
- National Institute of Virology, Pune has carried out serological investigations and virus isolations in different parts of the country.
- Each step in the curing procedures was monitored by electrophoresis of plasmid isolations.
- The pre - and post-chlorination bacterial isolations are presented in Table 2.
- A general boycott will help this necessary process of international isolation.
- This suggested a growing mistrust of political institutions and a sense of isolation from the decision-making process.
- No longer will our students and communities need to feel disadvantaged because of isolation or shortage of resources.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.