Translation of issue in Spanish:
- 1 countable (subject discussed) she was trying to evade the issueestaba tratando de escaparse por la tangenteto face the issue
estaba tratando de eludir or soslayar el problemaenfrentarse al or afrontar el problemalet's not cloud o confuse o fog the issueno nos vayamos por la tangentewe are campaigning on the issues
no desviemos la atención del verdadero problemanuestra campaña se centra en los problemas que hay que resolverat issuethe matter at issue is …de lo que se trata es de …his probity is/is not at issuesu probidad está/no está en tela de juiciothey had been at issue over the matter for monthsllevaban meses discutiendo el asuntoto join issue with somebodyenfrentarse con alguiento make an issue of somethingshe has made a feminist issue of itlo ha convertido en una cuestión feministaI don't want to make an issue of it but …no quiero insistir demasiado sobre el tema pero …to take issue with somebody/something
no quiero exagerar la importancia del asunto pero …discrepar or disentir de or con alguien/en or de algoI feel I must take issue with you on that pointcreo que debo discrepar de or con usted en ese punto [formal]Example sentences
- No amount of appeals to the government for education reforms will resolve the fundamental issues at stake.
- Deploying isolated tactical security products will not solve the complex security issues facing tomorrow's Internet community.
- Resolving the abduction issue is an urgent matter.
- 3 3.1 uncountable (of documents)(of library books) préstamo (masculine)(of supplies) reparto (masculine)the date/place/office of issuela fecha/el lugar/la oficina de expediciónhis trousers were regulation issuesus pantalones eran los reglamentariosExample sentences
Example sentences3.2 uncountable and countable (of stamps, shares, bank notes) (before noun) issue price
- However, plans for the unit sales and bond issue remain at an early stage, he added.
- The officials hoped that this would pave the way for issue of licence by the end of the month.
- The two most important clauses for the purposes of the preliminary issue were clauses 4 and 13.
tipo (masculine) de emisión3.3 countable (of newspaper, magazine) July issue now on saleel número de julio ahora a la venta
- The findings are being published in this week's issue of the journal Nature.
- The research appears in this week's issue of the Journal of Biochemistry.
- In next month's issue of Vogue magazine Parker claims that she may move to Ireland permanently with her husband.
- 4 4.1 uncountable and countable (emergence) [formal] a copious issue of water/blood/pusun copioso flujo de agua/sangre/pusExample sentences4.2 (outcome, result) (no plural) the issue is still in doubt
el desenlace es aún dudosoto force the issuepresionar (para que se tome una decisión)I'm sorry to force the issue, but I must have an answer todaysiento tener que presionar, pero necesito la respuesta para hoy
- The successful issue of the great battle increased business and made the general attitude still firmer.
- 1.1 (give out)(statement/report)
prestar(bank notes/currency/stamps/shares)to issue something
tosomebodyto issue somebody withsomethingthe teacher issued library cards to the pupilsel profesor distribuyó tarjetas de lector entre los alumnoswe can issue you with the necessary documentsle podemos proporcionar or suministrar los documentos necesariosExample sentences
- Any chance of you ever issuing the script for sale?
- The inquest was told that leaflets and documents are published for parents, issuing warnings on cot deaths.
- One of the most notable trends is a persistent drop in cases where no tax documents are issued for the sale of goods or services.
also: issuing present participle(house/bank)
- I want the Prime Minister to issue a very reconciliatory statement at his next rally.
- The real question is why any minister would need to issue such an order.
- The work group is to prepare this regulation, which is to be approved and issued by the minister of justice.
- 1 (result)to issue
fromsomethingderivar(se) or surgir dealgo [formal]Example sentences
- Instead, like the earlier temple buildings, new additions were positioned to relate to the springs and the flow of the water issuing from them.
- Spring Wood does not take its name from the season but from the many springs which issue from the highlands above the wood.
- Eroding sand, gravel and clay, with occasional springs issuing from them, present an unstable habitat for a few plants.
- There are two sets of results issuing from the research outlined above.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.