Translation of jelly in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -lies)u and c
- 1 [Cookery/Cocina] 1.1 (clear jam) jalea (feminine) 1.2 (savory) gelatina (feminine), aspic (masculine)Example sentences1.3 (as dessert) (British English/inglés británico) gelatina (feminine)
- There's hardly a bit of a pig you can't eat, from the head boiled up in a stewy soup to the trotters with their savoury jelly and morsels of meat.
- It tasted like eating a hunk of quivering meat jelly.
- Slow cooked, the sinew that makes meat tough becomes jelly.
- They made apple jelly with the apples from the orchard.
- Tart lemon jelly and crumbly crumbles went very well together, I thought.
- Pour the custard off and just eat the jelly.
- 2 (gelatinous substance) gelatina (feminine) my legs felt like jelly sentía que me temblaban las piernasExample sentences
- HIV positive women can use diaphragms and cervical caps for birth control, with spermicidal cream or jelly.
- After peeling off outer skin, they polish it with castor oil, cactus jelly, curd, ghee and turmeric powder to make it smooth and slippery.
- Spermicide comes as a foam, jelly, or cream, and kills sperm.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.