Translation of jerk in Spanish:
- the train jerked to a stopel tren se detuvo con una sacudidahe started to jerk about on the dance floorempezó a sacudirse en la pistashe jerked awakese despertó sobresaltadathe rope jerked tautla cuerda se tensó de un tirónExample sentences
- Cold leathery fingers suddenly grabbed Niall by the chin and jerked his head forward as the other High Sablebloods moved in for the kill.
- Fleur remembered the crease under her chin and unconsciously jerked her neck backwards.
- I jerked up my chin to see my uncles had already cast down their shovels.
- 1 1.1 (tug)Example sentences1.2 (sudden movement) she awoke with a jerk
se despertó sobresaltadawith a jerk of the headsacudiendo la cabeza
- With a sudden jerk of his head, the silent constable directed her roughly inside.
- She was about to open her mouth to scream when she felt a sudden jerk.
- The kids felt a sudden sideways jerk as a whining noise began to permeate the room.
- 2 (contemptible person) [colloquial]memo (-ma) (masculine, feminine) [colloquial]pendejo (-ja) (masculine, feminine) (Latin America excluding Southern Cone) [colloquial]gilipollas (masculine or feminine) (Spain) [colloquial]huevón (-vona) (masculine, feminine) (Andes) (Venezuela) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Although I think it's foolish and her boyfriend is a jerk for suggesting it, I am more concerned about the value and safety of this thing.
- We're all looking like incompetent jerks right now.
- I'm willing to say that yes, I am a moron, and a jerk, and I will pay all costs for your heel and dress to be cleaned and fixed.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.