- (American English) [colloquial] (disc jockey)Example sentences
- Dashboard Confessional took the stage to a lot of high-pitched screaming and proceeded to impress even the most ardent of jocks with their acoustic-meets-emo stylings.
- Are all radio jocks born with that annoying radio jock voice?
- How many times have you listened to a sports presenter/commentator/jock - especially a jock - assert this?
- 1→ jockstrapExample sentences
- They also more frequently used hip checks to dislodge rushers from their jocks.
- Cutler is no stranger to the brutality of the gridiron, having strapped on a jock and shoulder pads during his salad days as a high-school football player.
- I put on my socks, the jock, the shorts, and then the jersey, followed by sweatbands on my left arm and an elbow pad on my right arm.
- 2 (athlete, sportsman)(American English)
deportista (masculine)Example sentences
- It is pure snobbery to loom at athletes as ‘dumb jocks.’
- ‘Many people considered athletes dumb jocks, and I wanted to break loose from that barrier,’ he recalls.
- Directly in front of me, a round lunch table was surrounded by a group of guys, all either athletes and jocks, or just popular boys.
- (American English) [colloquial](pilot) piloto (masculine or feminine)(astronaut) astronauta (masculine or feminine)Example sentences
- In their other lives, some are commercial pilots, ex-military jocks, suits with office jobs.
- Curiously, Will argues in favor of making pilots - even Air Force fighter jocks - wear bow ties.
- And keep in mind, these are Air Force fighter jocks - some of the most respected, and feared, military officers in the world.