- 1(American English) [colloquial] (toilet)
meadero (masculine) [colloquial] [humorous]
váter (masculine) (Spain) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Every one of the eight guest rooms has its own john and shower, and there's a raised open-air common kitchen and sitting room.
- Other symbolism occurs as well, such as almost all the johns being named John, along with the star and two other characters.
- The Mississippi also had trough type urinals and unwalled johns in the heads, and salt water showers.
- 2(American English) [slang] (prostitute's client)
putero (masculine) [colloquial]
putañero (masculine) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Despite the widespread belief of my older johns that all prostitutes were lesbians and vice versa, I found little overlap of those two communities.
- The real enemies, for Ross, aren't the johns or the violent clients, or even the police, but feminists and government aid staff.
- The answer seems to depend on who is being scrutinised - the prostitute or the john.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.