Translation of judge in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (Law)juez (masculine and feminine)Judges, the Book of Judges
juez, (jueza) (masculine, feminine)
magistrado, (-da) (masculine, feminine)el Libro de los JuecesExample sentences1.2 (of competition)
juez (masculine and feminine)the judges' decision is final
- The judges made this particular aspect of public policy and the judges are entitled to change it.
- It has to be applied in a variety of cases, and it is a matter for the judges of the Family Law Court as to whether it applies to a particular case.
- That would pass over sentencing powers from judges to probation officers, which is the exact opposite of what she said when she began her speech.
miembro (masculine and feminine) del juradola decisión del jurado es irrevocableExample sentences1.3 (Sport)
- Mr Lewis will head a panel of judges to select the winning entry.
- For the 2001 National Open Framing Competition, three judges selected these winners from among the eight entries.
- London United, the Fulwell-based bus company, is just the ticket for passengers, decided the judges in a prestigious competition.
- 1 1.1 (Law)(case/person)
(contest)he will judge the competition
- It is important that all cases are judged on the individual circumstances.
- The judge is bound to endeavor to judge each case on the basis of the codified law.
- His case will be heard by a three-member disciplinary commission, which will judge the case and assess the penalty.
ser el juez deél adjudicará los premios del certamen
él será el juez del certamenExample sentences
- The functional digital car competition is judged on effective use of virtual prototyping tools.
- The kids joined in the auction school, and male vocalist of the year Adam Harvey spent hours judging the ute competition.
- We won that a few years ago and we go around now judging competitions.
- 2 2.1 (estimate)(size/weight/speed)I judged her to be about 35
calcularle calculaba unos 35 añosshe had judged the moment to act very cleverlyhabía elegido muy bien el momento de actuarExample sentences2.2 (assess)
- He knows that, judging from opinion poll research, concentrating on Europe as an issue is normally the route to defeat.
- The majority of America must then be liberals, judging from recent public opinion polls.
- It sounds like hard work - it is hard work - but judging from the volunteer diaries on the website, it is very rewarding.
juzgar(quality/advantages)I'll be the one to judge who gets the job
valoraryo seré quien decida or juzgue a quién se le da el trabajoyou'll be judged solely on o by your exam resultsse le juzgará exclusivamente sobre la base de los resultados del examen(as) judged bya juzgar por2.3 (deem) I judged it (to be) unwise to say too muchjuzgué or consideré imprudente hablar demasiado
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.