Translation of jungle in Spanish:
noun/nombrec and u
- 1 1.1 [Geography/Geografía] selva (feminine), jungla (feminine) the law of the jungle la ley de la selvaExample sentences1.2 (confusion, tangle) maraña (feminine), laberinto (masculine)
Example sentences1.3 (hostile place) jungla (feminine) concrete jungle la jungla de(l) asfalto
- Such terrain includes cities, jungles, and dense forests, but it also includes open terrain when it is mountainous or broken, affording the enemy numerous hiding places.
- He fell on top of a colossal butte overlooking a dense jungle.
- Your guide will lead you through miles of old cane lands, tropical forests, and jungles rich with magnificent scenery.
- The tops of the washing machines are covered by a jungle of well-watered pot plants.
- My carpaccio was passable, but far too sparse and hidden beneath a jungle of foliage.
- We sit there sometimes, but prefer the front, which is more like a jungle of plants where coffee refills are 10 minutes apart.
- Perhaps, our urban jungle is just as bewildering for the old man and his daughter.
- But the European airline industry remains an insane jungle of bizarre and complex rules.
- I know it's shameless, but the publishing world is a competitive jungle and, hey, you have to grab what chances you can.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.