Translation of junior in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (lower in rank)(official)
de subalternomédico (masculine and feminine) residentejunior management to be junior
tosomebodyser subalterno1.2 (younger) dealguien
estar por debajo de alguienmás jovenfashion for the junior missmoda (feminine) para las jovencitasJames D. Clark Junior (American English)James D. Clark, hijo or juniorto be junior
tosomebodyser menor or más joven que alguienhe is junior to her by two yearses dos años menor que ella
- 2 (before noun) 2.1 (for younger people)(fashion/size)
junior invariable adjective(American English) (Sch, Univ)
de tercer año
- 1 1.1 (younger person) which is the junior (of the two)?¿quién de los/las dos es el/la menor?he is two years my junior, he is my junior by two yearstiene dos años menos que yo
es dos años menor que yo
le llevo dos añosExample sentences1.2 (person of lower rank)
subalterno, (-na) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.3 (in UK) (Law)
- In 1966 a gate charge of 20 cents was introduced, with juniors up for five cents and those under 14 admitted free.
- Her husband Lee Hall - a Geordie five years her junior who leapt to international fame writing Billy Elliot, the story of a boy ballet dancer - leads an equally frantic life.
- Winifred, five years his junior, moved to Keighley from Newcastle in 1933 and worked at Wolsey's wool mill.
(abogado habilitado para alegar ante un tribunal superior, que está por debajo del → Queen's Counsel en jerarquía)
- I taught it to my junior who did the Blackburn Royal Commission.
- Neither Mr Syed, the locum consultant urologist nor his junior were present.
- The drugs are collected from the pharmacy by the specialist chemotherapy nurses and handed to the consultant or to juniors in the consultant's presence.
- 2also: Junior(son) (American English)(término usado para referirse o dirigirse a un hijo)Example sentences
- Want to send mom a DVD of junior's first Christmas?
- And the big toy chains are hopeful that while mom and dad may cut back on other parts of the family budget, they'll continue to splurge on toys for junior.
- The colorful PC is likely to fit junior's bedroom or playroom décor.
- 3 3.1 (in US) (Sch, Univ)(estudiante de tercer año de colegio secundario o universidad)(in UK) (alumno de primaria o de los primeros años de secundaria)Example sentences
Example sentences3.2 (Sport)
- In the prescribed order infants, toddlers and juniors mounted Matron, were breathed upon, exchanged whispers, and given their Christmas present.
- But the money saved by not replacing the retiring head at Carlton will allow each school to afford separate teachers for infants and juniors.
- Play facilities specially constructed to cater for juniors and toddlers will be built next to Chiltern Primary School.
juvenil (masculine and feminine)
- By May of 1999, the foundation offered two scholarship programs and intensive SAT tutoring for high school juniors and seniors.
- Currently, it enrolls approximately 2,500 high school juniors and seniors each year.
- Choosing among programs can be quite bewildering for the rising high school junior or senior researching colleges and universities.
junior (masculine and feminine)Example sentences
- Two years before he would guide the international juniors to victory over their American counterparts with 33 points and 14 rebounds.
- Now 18, though still young enough to compete as a junior, Sorrell has broken through.
- As a result of some of the initiatives undertaken by the club, some young juniors are already competing at regional events.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.