Translation of kernel in Spanish:
- (of nut, fruit)(of corn, wheat)the kernel of the matter
grano (masculine)el meollo de la cuestiónthere is a kernel of truth in his claimhay una pizca de verdad en lo que diceExample sentences
- What are commonly thought of as spices today are a collection of seeds, berries, flowers, fruits, kernels, roots, rhizomes, leaves, arils, barks and saps that are used in cooking and food preparation.
- Some of you may wonder how locals manage to work the edible kernel from its black shell within seconds, while holding a conversation.
- At the heart of the fleshy fruit, snug within its stony kernel, lies a bitter seed that is purported to hold miraculous anti-tumour properties.
- The presence in wheat kernels of a cathepsin B gene led the search for its barley counterpart.
- The quality of that flour is due, in large part, to the work of hundreds of different proteins that perform specialized tasks inside the wheat kernel, or grain.
- Refined white flour is what's left after the nutrient-packed germ and bran are milled out of the wheat kernel.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.