Translation of kidney in Spanish:
noun plural -neys
- 1 (Anatomy)(before noun) (disease/failure)kidney donor
renaldonante (masculine or feminine) de riñónkidney transplanttransplante (masculine) de riñónExample sentences
- Treatment must be rapid to protect organs such as the kidneys, lungs, and liver from damage.
- In addition, waste materials cannot be transported properly to the lungs and kidneys for excretion.
- They each had their own head, arms, legs, brain, heart, lungs, kidneys and liver.
- 2 (Cookery)Example sentences
- It's poached skate with fennel or lamb kidney sausage on bacon and onion bread.
- The skewer lay on a vol-au-vent filled with a lightly truffled fudge of sweetbread and kidney, a faint lemoniness danced on my tongue.
- Follow that with steamed oxtail, beef and veal kidney pudding with roast shallots and buttered carrots.
- 3 (type) [formal] [dated]to be of the same/a different kidneyestar/no estar cortado por el mismo patrónExample sentences
- And now, my hearties, be gay, and gaily read the rest, with ease of body and in the best of kidney!
- May this missive find its beholder sound of shank and in good kidney.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.