Translation of kit in Spanish:
- 1 countable/numerable 1.1 (set of items) sewing kit costurero (masculine) tool kit caja (feminine) de herramientas travel kit neceser (masculine) de viajes 1.2 (parts for assembly) kit (masculine) a model car kit un coche para armar (before noun/delante del nombre) it comes in kit form venden el kit or las partes (y uno lo arma)Example sentences
- The association is also urging the FAA to allow imported aircraft kits to be put together without requiring a production certificate.
- Sixty workers from Lucent Technology in Westlea spent the afternoon assembling the bike kits before handing them over to their new owners.
- Right now, he has some 1,000 kits waiting to be assembled.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable 2.1 (equipment) equipo (masculine) fishing kit equipo de pesca 2.2 (personal effects, gear) cosas (feminine plural); [Military/Militar] petate (masculine)Example sentences
Example sentences2.3 (Clothing) (especially British English/especialmente inglés británico) ropa (feminine) combat kit traje (masculine) de campaña gym kit [Sport/Deporte] equipo (masculine) de gimnasia
- The task team said there was no basic medical emergency equipment such as a first-aid kit or oxygen.
- In the first-aid kit there is also a guide on using basic tools and equipment in emergency situations.
- Aid began pouring in yesterday, with the Red Cross sending 400 first-aid kits to the affected area.
- First, they are heavy, and adding them to a soldier's kit that already includes ammunitions, rations, and other heavy items may be undesirable.
- Of course the kit was clean: soldiers spend hours cleaning their equipment.
- It is light enough that each man in a patrol can carry several Claymores along with his regular kit, weapon and ammo.
- Shirt Amnesty is a scheme designed by BBC Radio Five Live and the Football Association to put those old football shirts and kits to use.
- Participants should bring a packed lunch, football kit (boots and shin-pads), warm clothes and a waterproof.
- Thompson decided not to wear his blazer and tie and instead donned his gym kit.
kit outkit up( (British English/inglés británico) -tt-)verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento equipar to kit oneself out for a skiing holiday equiparse para unas vacaciones en una estación de esquí she was kitted out in tennis gear llevaba puesto un equipo de tenis this shop can kit you out with the necessary equipment esta tienda puede equiparlo con lo necesario or suministrarle el equipo necesario the room is kitted out as a gymnasium la habitación está habilitada como gimnasio
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Did you know that Antena 3 was Spain's first private television channel? It began broadcasting in 1989. Its proprietors include the conservative newspapers La Vanguardia and ABC.