Translation of kludge in Spanish:
- (Computing, Mech) [colloquial]solución (feminine) de parcheExample sentences
- On the corner of Eversholt Street and Euston is a St Pancras New Church, a neo-classical kludge which at the time of its construction in 1822 was the most expensive church building since St Paul's.
- The vertebrate eye does very well indeed, but it is a kludge.
- It wouldn't have been perfect, but it almost certainly would have been better than the kludge we're ending up with.
- Google has struggled to maintain the integrity of its search results ever since, with recent kludges blocking millions of results.
- I speak as someone who's written code to do this, by the way - it always smelled like a kludge to me, and now I understand why.
- And it's hard to imagine any IS department tolerating kludges such as this.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.