Translation of knee in Spanish:
- 1 (Anatomy) I felt weak at the kneesse me aflojaron las piernasto be on one's kneesestar arrodilladoestar de rodillasestar de hinojos [literary]he fell on his knees in front of the kingcayó de rodillas ante el reyse postró de hinojos ante el rey [literary]to go o get down on one's knees (down) on your knees!¡de rodillas!I'm not going down on my knees to him
¡arrodíllate!no se lo voy a pedir de rodillasmy/his knees were knocking [colloquial]me/le temblaban las piernasto bow o bend the knee to somebodydoblar la cerviz ante alguienon bended knee(s)de rodillasde hinojos [literary]to bring somebody to his/her kneesdoblegar or humillar a alguiento bring something to its kneesthe strike brought the country to its kneesla huelga llevó el país al borde del desastreknee jointarticulación (feminine) de la rodillaExample sentences
- He will be out for the season after having an operation on his knee to repair cruciate ligaments.
- He rested on the floor on his hands and knees complaining of severe abdominal pain.
- For instance, be sure you can extend and flex your injured knee as fully as the other one.
- 2 (Clothing) my trousers have gone at the kneese me han roto los pantalones en la rodillaExample sentences
- I fell twice on the way home, soaking my mittens and the knees of my leggings.
- On the evening of her disappearance, she was wearing a pink sleeveless top, blue jeans with holes in the knees, a khaki duffel coat and black trainers.
- Faulkner wore jeans faded at the knees, a broad hat, and photochromic sunglasses.
- darle or pegarle un rodillazo ahe kneed me in the groinme dio un rodillazo en la ingleExample sentences
- But eyewitnesses had earlier told the court how the youth had set upon Mr Worrell, kneeing him in the face before deliberately stabbing him in the chest.
- He is accused of throwing the 37-year-old saleswoman against a wall, kneeing her in the head and striking her head on the ground.
- And not having slept on my own for more than three weeks, I now can't seem to drop off without someone next to me hogging the duvet and kneeing me in the back.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.