Translation of knee in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Anatomy) I felt weak at the kneesto be on one's kneesse me aflojaron las piernashe fell on his knees in front of the kingestar arrodilladoestar de rodillas or [literary] de hinojosto go o get down on one's knees (down) on your knees!cayó de rodillas or [literary] se postró de hinojos ante el reyI'm not going down on my knees to him¡de rodillas!¡arrodíllate!my/his knees were knocking [colloquial]no se lo voy a pedir de rodillasto bow o bend the knee to somebodyme/le temblaban las piernason bended knee(s)doblar la cerviz ante alguiento bring somebody to his/her kneesde rodillasto bring something to its kneesthe strike brought the country to its kneesdoblegar or humillar a alguienknee jointla huelga llevó el país al borde del desastrearticulación (feminine) de la rodillaExample sentences1.2 (Clothing) my trousers have gone at the knee
se me han roto los pantalones en la rodillaExample sentences1.3 (kick) [colloquial] (no plural) he gave him a knee in the back
- He will be out for the season after having an operation on his knee to repair cruciate ligaments.
- He rested on the floor on his hands and knees complaining of severe abdominal pain.
- For instance, be sure you can extend and flex your injured knee as fully as the other one.
le pegó un rodillazo en la espalda
- I fell twice on the way home, soaking my mittens and the knees of my leggings.
- On the evening of her disappearance, she was wearing a pink sleeveless top, blue jeans with holes in the knees, a khaki duffel coat and black trainers.
- Faulkner wore jeans faded at the knees, a broad hat, and photochromic sunglasses.
- he kneed me in the groindarle or pegarle un rodillazo ame dio un rodillazo en la ingleExample sentences
- But eyewitnesses had earlier told the court how the youth had set upon Mr Worrell, kneeing him in the face before deliberately stabbing him in the chest.
- He is accused of throwing the 37-year-old saleswoman against a wall, kneeing her in the head and striking her head on the ground.
- And not having slept on my own for more than three weeks, I now can't seem to drop off without someone next to me hogging the duvet and kneeing me in the back.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to