Translation of knit in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (sweater) (by hand) knit one, purl oneknit two togetheruno (al) derecho, uno (al) revésshe can knit you up a scarf in a daytejer or (Spain) coger dos puntos juntos1.2te puede hacer or tejer una bufanda en un díaalso: knitted o (American English) knit past participle(jacket/cuffs)de punto
- 2 2.1 (join, unite)(bones)they are a tightly knit family2.2to knit one's browsson or es una familia muy unidafruncir el ceñoExample sentences
- We are very fortunate to have a group of staff who knit together as a team and excel in what they do.
- Europe, viciously divided against itself for centuries, has knit together into a democratic and civil society.
- Small-leaved plants that tolerate close clipping will quickly knit together to form a seamless hedge.
- 1.1 (by hand)1.2 (join)hacer punto or calceta (Spain)(bones)soldarseExample sentences1.3his brows knitted in a frown
frunció el ceñoExample sentences
- He was taken to York District Hospital, where surgeons operated the next day, inserting a pin in the tibia to help knit the bones together.
- He went for a final scan and it was all clear and the bone has knitted perfectly.
- For the first 12 weeks I lay in bed at home in a morphine-induced haze as my bones slowly knitted.
- Members of the cooperative spin and dye wool, knit sweaters, and also make ceramic crafts.
- In the evenings, my mother read to us, and we knitted socks and sweaters for my dad in the army, and listened to the radio.
- In her spare time, she knitted socks and jumpers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...