Translation of labor in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (productive work) the division of laborla división del trabajoto withdraw one's laborir a la huelgaDepartment of Labor (in US)Secretaría (feminine) de Trabajo (Mexico)(before noun) (dispute/laws)labor costs
laboralcosto (masculine) de la mano de obralabor leader (in US)
( (Spain) tb) coste (masculine) de la mano de obralíder (masculine or feminine) sindicalthe labor market
dirigente (masculine or feminine) sindicalel mercado de trabajothe labor movement labor relationsrelaciones (feminine plural) laboraleslabor supplyoferta (feminine) de mano de obraExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (workers) cheap labor
- The majority of migrant workers earn their living in the city by doing manual labour.
- The men go off and look for casual labour during the day while women and children spend the day looking for shade.
- These subjects were agricultural workers with varying periods of manual labour in the field.
mano de obra barataorganized laborsindicación (feminine) (esp (Spain) )Example sentences
- Fourth, the working class and labour movement, repressed, shackled, lacking independence, was no alternative.
- Steelworkers Canadian director Ken Neumann said the merger creates a new force in the Canadian labour movement, as well as in federal and provincial politics.
- But turning labour into a political force to be reckoned with in Alberta is a tall order, which McGowan clearly outlined in his paper.
- Today there is a growing acceptance of illegal casual labour and a strong demand for it.
- In this society, his job was one of the few, in which people exactly performed manual labor.
- It also aims to replace a number of full-time workers with casual and part-time labour.
- 2also: Labour(British English) (Politics) (no article) (+ singular or plural verb)los laboristasshe voted Labor
el Partido Laboristavotó a or por los laboristas(before noun) (candidate/policy)
- They seem to think that the way to beat Labour is to be more Leftist than Labour!
- South Swindon has a new Member of Parliament but the seat is still held by Labour.
- Teresa Page was a hard-working councillor and Labour will be sad to see her go.
- 3 3.1 uncountable or countable (effort)esfuerzos (masculine plural)the fruits of their labors
trabajo (masculine)los frutos de sus esfuerzos or de su trabajo3.2 countable (task) a labor of loveuna labor realizada con amorthe twelve labors of Hercules
- 4 uncountable (Medicine) a difficult laborun parto difícilto be in laborestar de parto or en trabajo de partoto go into laborentrar en trabajo de parto(before noun) labor painsdolores (masculine plural) del partolabor ward
contracciones (feminine plural) del partoExample sentences
- They also received 300 mg every three hours while in labor until delivery.
- Both Lamaze and Bradley encourage partner participation in labor and delivery.
- The drug prostaglandin is injected into the womb and this causes it to contract strongly as in labour.
- 1 1.1 (toil) to labor for a causeluchar or trabajar por una causato labor
atsomethingtrabajar incansablemente1.2 (work as laborer) (only in -ing form) he got a job laboring/a laboring job enalgoconsiguió un trabajo de peón
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.