Translation of lace in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable 1.1 (fabric)(as border) puntilla (feminine)(before noun) (handkerchief/curtains)
de encajeExample sentences1.2 (on uniform) (Military)
- Here's what you get when you mix luxurious silk with a lace trim and fine ribbon lacing.
- Her jeans and black shirt were replaced by a dress of blue velvet, cream silk and white lace.
- Upon her bed was a gown of light blue silk trimmed with white lace and satin bows running from the neck to the waist.
- There was gold lace down the seams on the sides of the arms showing skin.
- She sat before the organ wearing a simple black dress, no lace, no detail.
- I had worn a little blue velvet jacket with gold lace and now I clutched it possessively.
- 1 1.1(shoes/boots)
ponerles los cordones or (Mexico) las agujetas or (Peru) los pasadores aExample sentences1.2 (thread) lace the cord through the holes
pase el cordón por los agujerosExample sentences
- Marshall was lacing his shoes when his brother came in and jumped onto the end of his bed.
- I situated myself down on the arm of the couch, now fully dressed as I laced my sneakers up.
- She quickly finished lacing her shoes and looked outside and saw the town as it normally was at dawn.
- She tied her pocket closed with jute twine by lacing it through holes she punched in the corners.
- You could take black satin ribbon and lace it through the big stitches for extra effect.
- Running decklines through the loops of these device requires the kayak operator to unlash the decklines and lace them through the loops, then re-lash the lines.
- 2 2.1 (fortify, spice)to lace something
withsomethinghe laced my drink with vodkame echó un chorro de vodka en la bebidathe dessert was laced with liqueurel postre estaba rociado de licora story laced with wit and ironyuna historia con una buena dosis de chispa e ironíaExample sentences2.2 (mark, streak) (usually passive) to be laced
- It may arise where the accused is drugged by others or his drink is laced with alcohol.
- When I was ill, our butler caught Charles lacing my tea with some sort of substance.
- Noah had calmed down after a couple of drinks, mainly coffee laced with alcohol.
withsomethingestar surcado dealgo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.