- 1 uncountable/no numerable 1.1 (fabric) encaje (masculine); (as border) puntilla (feminine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [handkerchief/curtains] de encajeMore example sentences1.2 (on uniform) [Military/Militar] galón (masculine)
- Here's what you get when you mix luxurious silk with a lace trim and fine ribbon lacing.
- Her jeans and black shirt were replaced by a dress of blue velvet, cream silk and white lace.
- Upon her bed was a gown of light blue silk trimmed with white lace and satin bows running from the neck to the waist.
- 2 countable/numerable(shoelace)2.1 cordón (masculine) (de zapato), agujeta (feminine) (Mexico/México) , pasador (masculine) (Peru/Perú) your laces are undone tienes los cordones de los zapatos desatados or (Latin America except River Plate area/América Latina excepto Río de la Plata) desamarrados, tienes las agujetas desamarradas (Mexico/México) or (Peru/Perú) los pasadores desamarrados 2.2 (cord) cordón (masculine)More example sentences
- There was gold lace down the seams on the sides of the arms showing skin.
- She sat before the organ wearing a simple black dress, no lace, no detail.
- I had worn a little blue velvet jacket with gold lace and now I clutched it possessively.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 2 2.1 (fortify, spice)to lace sth
withsth he laced my drink with vodka me echó un chorro de vodka en la bebida the dessert was laced with liqueur el postre estaba rociado de licor a story laced with wit and irony una historia con una buena dosis de chispa e ironía 2.2 (mark, streak) (usually passive/normalmente en voz pasiva) to be laced withsth estar* surcado dealgo
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The National Police (Policía Nacional) was set up in Spain in 1976. Its members patrol provincial capitals and big cities, which are responsible for its finance, administration, and recruitment. Although armed, it has never been considered a repressive force, unlike the