Translation of lady in Spanish:
noun plural ladies
- 1 1.1 (woman)señora (feminine)a lady's watch
dama (feminine) [formal]un reloj de mujer or de señoraladies and gentlemen the lady of the housela señora de la casaladies first!¡primero las damas or señoras!ladies' nightvelada (feminine) en que asisten las damas or señorasdon't you speak to me like that, young lady!¡no me hable así jovencita or señorita!an old ladyuna señora mayor(before noun) she wants to see a lady doctorquiere que la atienda una doctora or médica or mujerhe was seen dining with a lady friendlo vieron cenando en compañía femeninaExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (refined woman)
- I was forwarded an email from a lady called Joy Wolfe referring to the same report.
- My mind was always too addled to take in any detail or be in the least bit capable of having a polite chat with a lady.
- There are one or two ladies he refers to with special tenderness, but he remains unmarried.
señora (feminine)she was a real lady
- Just think: you'll share a common interest with your lady.
- Secondly, you could always send your lady to school to learn English, so that you both have some other way of communicating other than by Braille.
- It was John Abraham, however, who turned out to be the surprise package of the movie, a fact that even Bipasha who is his lady both in reel and real life today, acknowledges.
dama (feminine)era toda una señora or damashe's quite the young ladyestá hecha toda una señoritaExample sentences1.3
(American English) [colloquial] (as form of address)1.4 (appreciative use) she's a very dynamic lady
- Joan Scanlan was a real lady, a mild gentle person and a woman of principle who was never afraid to articulate her views.
- She's the most wonderful, intelligent person and a real lady, which is hard to find in showbusiness.
- A perfect lady she was a real friend to everybody.
señoraes una mujer muy dinámica
- 2 (noblewoman or wife of a knight)lady (feminine)Lady SpencerLady SpencerExample sentences
- She was a Lady who was the wife of a Lord, not a Lady in her own right, of her own fief.
- Her children, Viscount Linley and Lady Sarah Chatto, were at her side.
- Miss Gazdowick will play Lady McDuff in Macbeth and Bianca in The Taming of the Shrew, while Mr Smith will play Duncan in Macbeth.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.