Translation of lamb in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable (young sheep)(over one year old)he just stood there like a lambshe took it like a lambse quedó allí como atontadothe Lamb of God (Religion)se lo tomó muy mansamentelike a lamb to the slaughterel Cordero de Dioscomo cordero que llevan al mataderoExample sentences1.2 uncountable (Cookery)
Example sentences1.3 countable (as term of endearment) See examples:be a lamb and …
- More than 90% of the sheep were marked as lambs, and all rams were individually identifiable.
- We are told that dogs are presently loose in the fields at night, and are a danger to the sheep and their young lambs.
- A farmer has lost all his sheep, 300 lambs among them, shot by young men from Her Majesty's Armed Forces, whose sergeant had been reduced to hidden tears.
the poor lamb's exhaustedsé bueno y …el pobrecito está rendido
- Grilled steak, pork roast, sautéed lamb chops, or roast chicken would make a perfect pairing.
- Main courses included roast beef, lamb and pork from the carvery, steak and kidney pie, poached chicken with mushroom and asparagus sauce and vegetable lasagne.
- You need best end of neck lamb chops but don't over-trim them; leave a little fat on for flavour.
- (ewe)Example sentences
- With ewes lambing now, lambs for slaughter are in short supply.
- The RSPCA was the first agency to begin making a real difference to animal welfare problems when it became clear that thousands of ewes were lambing in appalling conditions, because of movement restrictions.
- If the first few ewes lamb with poor milk supply - seek help and take action.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.