- 1.1 countable/numerable (young sheep) cordero (masculine); (over one year old) borrego (masculine) he just stood there like a lamb se quedó allí como atontado she took it like a lamb se lo tomó muy mansamente the Lamb of God [Religion/Religión] el Cordero de Dios like a lamb to the slaughter como cordero que llevan al mataderoMore example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable [Cookery/Cocina] cordero (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) lamb chop chuleta (feminine) de cordero
More example sentences1.3 countable/numerable (as term of endearment) be a lamb and … sé bueno y … the poor lamb's exhausted el pobrecito está rendido
- More than 90% of the sheep were marked as lambs, and all rams were individually identifiable.
- We are told that dogs are presently loose in the fields at night, and are a danger to the sheep and their young lambs.
- A farmer has lost all his sheep, 300 lambs among them, shot by young men from Her Majesty's Armed Forces, whose sergeant had been reduced to hidden tears.
- Grilled steak, pork roast, sautéed lamb chops, or roast chicken would make a perfect pairing.
- Main courses included roast beef, lamb and pork from the carvery, steak and kidney pie, poached chicken with mushroom and asparagus sauce and vegetable lasagne.
- You need best end of neck lamb chops but don't over-trim them; leave a little fat on for flavour.
The Cortes Generales is the Spanish Parliament, consisting of two houses, the lower house or Congreso de los Diputados and the upper house or Senado. It is a legislative body, approves state budgets, and exercises other powers relating to international treaties and agreements, the autonomous regions and appointments to posts in institutions such as the Tribunal Constitucional.
- [ewe] parirMore example sentences
- With ewes lambing now, lambs for slaughter are in short supply.
- The RSPCA was the first agency to begin making a real difference to animal welfare problems when it became clear that thousands of ewes were lambing in appalling conditions, because of movement restrictions.
- If the first few ewes lamb with poor milk supply - seek help and take action.