Translation of lamb in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable (young sheep)(over one year old)he just stood there like a lamb
borrego (masculine)se quedó allí como atontadoshe took it like a lambse lo tomó muy mansamentethe Lamb of God (Religion)el Cordero de Dioslike a lamb to the slaughtercomo cordero que llevan al mataderoExample sentences1.2 uncountable (Cookery)
Example sentences1.3 countable (as term of endearment)be a lamb and …
- More than 90% of the sheep were marked as lambs, and all rams were individually identifiable.
- We are told that dogs are presently loose in the fields at night, and are a danger to the sheep and their young lambs.
- A farmer has lost all his sheep, 300 lambs among them, shot by young men from Her Majesty's Armed Forces, whose sergeant had been reduced to hidden tears.
sé bueno y …the poor lamb's exhaustedel pobrecito está rendido
- Grilled steak, pork roast, sautéed lamb chops, or roast chicken would make a perfect pairing.
- Main courses included roast beef, lamb and pork from the carvery, steak and kidney pie, poached chicken with mushroom and asparagus sauce and vegetable lasagne.
- You need best end of neck lamb chops but don't over-trim them; leave a little fat on for flavour.
- With ewes lambing now, lambs for slaughter are in short supply.
- The RSPCA was the first agency to begin making a real difference to animal welfare problems when it became clear that thousands of ewes were lambing in appalling conditions, because of movement restrictions.
- If the first few ewes lamb with poor milk supply - seek help and take action.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.