- 1.1 (weapon) lanza (feminine)More example sentences1.2 [Medicine/Medicina] lanceta (feminine)
- Around me were swords and arrows, lances and spears, weapons of all kinds, even ones I had never seen before.
- Men of the armies fought with double-edged swords, battle-axes, lances, slings, and weapons of archery.
- Seventy-five thousand horsemen armed with long lances came crashing out of the woods.
- [Medicine/Medicina] sajar, abrir* con lancetaMore example sentences
- The pustule was lanced and cultured and subsequently grew Haemophihis species.
- Suggested treatment for small, intact blisters is to remove the blister contents by needle aspiration or to lance the blister at its base but leave a pedicle of attachment.
- Because supplies were scarce, doctors did not have anesthetic to numb this patient before lancing a boil that had been causing him problems for more than a year.