Translation of landmark in Spanish:
- 1 (well-known feature) one of London's most famous landmarksuno de los monumentos ( or edificios etc) más famosos de Londresuse the tower as a landmark if you get lostutilice la torre como punto de referencia si se pierdeExample sentences
- Acquire a ten-digit grid location of a landmark easily picked out on imagery such as a road intersection.
- It paints a very recognisable picture of Swindon, mentioning the train station and other landmarks in the town centre.
- Gamers familiar with some tracks will easily be able to pick out certain landmarks or other features from their real-life counterparts.
- 2 (historic building)Example sentences
- We must continue to bear security checks at our major sporting events, our theme parks, and our major historic landmarks and buildings.
- Neon lights, theatrically lighted landmarks and monuments, and carnivals all present picture opportunities that don't show up by daylight.
- As a heritage trail, the park includes a network of major cultural landmarks, principal monuments, historic sites and open spaces.
- 3 (milestone)(event) hito (masculine)the promotion was a landmark in his careerel ascenso marcó un hito en su carrera(before noun) (discovery/decision)one of the country's landmark painters (American English)
que marca ( or marcó etc) un hito (histórico)un pintor cuya obra hizo ( or ha hecho etc) épocaExample sentences
- It's a landmark and a county boundary that links East to West.
- In 1960 he helped organize the first Situation exhibition, an important landmark in British abstract art.
- The National Pension Program is an important landmark in Taiwan's evolution toward a welfare state.
- Recently the parliamentary elections were held in Uzbekistan which become an important landmark in further democratization of the country.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.