- 1 (in countryside) camino (m), sendero (m); (alleyway) callejón (m)More example sentences
- Then the group set off up the narrow winding lane to the main road and the lay-by.
- Sitting in front of the computer screen you get a driver's eye view as you travel along narrow streets, busy roads and winding country lanes in various weather conditions.
- We traveled to the outskirts of Osaka and we proceeded to walk through a traditional residential area with narrow lanes until we arrived at an old house.
- 2 [Transp] 2.1 (for road traffic) carril (m) or (Chi) pista (f) or (RPl) senda (f) bus/bicycle lane carril (m) de autobuses/bicicletas to change lanes cambiar de carril ( or de pista etc) a three-lane highway una autopista de tres carriles ( or pistas etc) traffic is reduced to a single lane se circula por un solo carril ( or pista etc) to live in the fast lane [colloquial/familiar] vivir a toda máquina, vivir a tope (Esp) [familiar/colloquial] (before n) lane closure carril cerrado ( or pista cerrada etc) lane discipline disciplina (f) de carril ( or pista etc) lane markings líneas (fpl) divisorias de carriles ( or pistas etc) 2.2 (for ships) ruta (f) sea/shipping lane ruta marítima/de navegaciónMore example sentences2.3 (for aircraft) pasillo (m) or corredor (m) aéreo, via (f) aérea
More example sentences
- It is also geographically near the primary shipping lanes for oil tankers that ply the route between Japan and the Middle East.
- Half the world's ocean-going cargo follows shipping lanes past the islands, and rich deposits of oil and natural gas are thought to lie beneath the nearby sea.
- Plans to move the wreck of destroyer HMS Wakeful out of a shipping lane have been amended to allow the ship to safely remain where she sank during the Dunkirk evacuation in 1940.
- The eastbound carriageway will close from Monday until December 20, with traffic running in single lanes in each direction on the westbound side.
- Until then, the contraflow system on the westbound carriageway allowing a single lane of traffic in each direction will continue.
- Only the concrete dividers separating the opposing lanes of traffic broke the utter flatness.
- 3 [Sport] 3.1 (in athletics) carril (m) (AmL) , calle (f) (Esp) 3.2 (in bowling) pista (f)More example sentences
More example sentences
- In the last issue, we reviewed the terms and definitions for bowling balls, lanes, and lane play.
- They come in handy when you need to cream some extra traction between your bowling ball and the lane.
- I am having problems picking out the right type of bowling ball for heavily oiled lanes.
- I like to mix up the lanes and have swimmers race a bit in practice.
- If the swimmers in lanes two and four switch places by crossing the active swimming lane between them, time and space are once again out of sync.
- Breast Stroke swimmers should avoid using lanes allocated for fast swimming.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Churro is a typical Spanish food, consisting of a long thin cylinder of dough, deep-fried in olive oil and often dusted with sugar. Churros are usually eaten with a thick hot drinking chocolate, especially for breakfast.